How To Become A Top-Class Freelance SEO Writer: 5 Vital Tips
Any freelance writer has seen all of the clients who are looking to find writers skilled in SEO. This is a form of writing that aims to grab the attention of the search engines by using highly specific, targeted phrases or words in certain ways. Even if you have never given it a try before there are plenty of ways for beginners to answer the call for a freelance SEO writer. Content is one of the most in-demand SEO requests from clients. They all want to have their sites rank as close to number one as possible. All it requires is learning 5 vital tips that will have you feeling like an expert in no time at all.
- Keyword Research: Doing research on keywords gives the freelance SEO writer the opportunity to separate the good from the bad. It is essential that you choose the words that a person who is looking for the website would use to search for it. Basically you need to find words or phrases that have the highest combination of sufficient traffic and attainability. Major search engines have tools for figuring out keyword rankings and popularity.
- Keyword Frequency: There are a huge variety of answers when it comes to how often the keyword should show up. However, 1% is considered to be "standard", while there are experts who will go up to 5%. Keep the writing from looking unnatural by avoiding "keyword stuffing."
- Competitive Analysis: This will take a little time when you are first learning how to write SEO for certain clients. If you have not been given certain terms to use visit several competitors sites look for key terms or phrases. Find the weaknesses and the strengths you can see on their sites and then you will be able to capitalize on their mistakes.
- On-site Analysis: On-site analysis is anything that can be controlled from the site itself, including optimized photos, page content, meta data, optimized sitemap, and page titles. Carefully review and make any needed changes so that the client's site will get higher rankings in the search engines.
- Link Building: Put as simply as possible, the more links there are, the better the rankings will be. Rankings will be improved by obtaining links from other big, relevant sites and adding them in to the client's site.